Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Big Move

This summer we decided to move everything out of our townhouse in Logan and rent it out. John's Mom came and helped us pack for a couple of days and brought us a ton of boxes from the box factory in Burley. It was a lot of work (getting everything packed and into a storage shed in Ogden) but we want to move closer to Salt Lake area when we get home. It's been really nice having our mortgage covered for the whole summer too. Our trip was delayed 3 days because the girls and I got sick. We all had ear infections and Madi had croup as well. It's no fun traveling with ear infections so we waited it out. Thanks to Dr. Kurt we felt much better. Kurt was in the middle of a move as well and he took time out of his busy night to come look at my girls. Thank heavens he did. We drove to Burlington, WA around the 20th of March and stayed for 2 weeks. Then we drove to Alaska around April 7th.
Madi helping me pack some of the essentials :)


Our empty house :(. I loved this house. I wish I could move it all over the place with us!





We had to pull a trailer out this year because John had a couple scooters to haul out. In Alaska there are areas where the houses are pretty far apart so it's convenient to have a scooter. Since we were pulling the trailer out anyway, I through my bike, Madi's tryc, the highchair, lots of toys, and other stuff that we normally wouldn't have room for so it was really nice.
Our big load...

No comments: