MATANUSKA GLACIER
This glacier was AMAZING! I've never seen anything like it. We were able to hike in a little ways and stand on the actual glacier. The part we were standing on had a lot of rocks and debris on top of the ice. John and I wanted to go further but both of the girls were crying :(. It was pretty cold. It is really neat though. If you want to hike up the glacier they provide icepicks and ice shoes. It would've been too hard with kids but it was tempting.
MT. MCKINLEY
I stayed in the car because the girls were sleeping. John got out and got a few pictures. The whole way home he was still in awe over how huge this mountain was. I kept thinking, ya it was big but not that impressive. Well when we got home John showed me the picture on the computer and then I realized I wasn't looking at the right mountain! What I thought was the clouds above the mountain range was actually the peak. I hope you can see what I am talking about from the picture.





No comments:
Post a Comment