It's kind of like Yellowstone. We just drove through the park looking for some cool wildlife. We only saw one moose and some caribou but the moose was really unique. It's fur was a golden yellow color, probably because it was shedding it's heavy coat. This moose was HUGE. Probably the biggest one I saw my whole time in Alaska.
There was a jogging/biking trail close by that had a pond off to the side and a big grass area. Here's all the girls and kids on the trail. We walked to a playground about a mile away.
We saw a moose about two feet from us in the trees right off the trail. It scared me to death because I heard a twig snap, I looked over and didn't expect a moose. That same day we saw a mama black bear and her two cubs about 100 yards away in that grassy area. I didn't get a very good picture because I was so fascinated that I forgot to take one until they were walking back into the trees.
Here are some record breaking animals inside the mall there.
THE ALASKA ZOO in Anchorage
We saw brown bear, snow leopard, llama, big horned sheep, baby buffalo, linx, moose,
The seals. I loved the seals. They were so fun to watch under the water and they would come right up to us and show off a little.
This little wolverine ran laps around his cage the whole time we were there. We passed his cage a few times and he was in the zone. He never stopped. It was so funny.
The "agle" as Madi would say
The wolves were actually pretty neat. Most of them were sleeping when we passed by but later on we could hear the whole pack howling clear across the zoo.
Tigers
Black Bear
Madi loved the camel. She thought it was a moose ha ha.
The Polar Bears were our favorite. The female was doing loopty loos in the water and coming right up to the glass where we were. It is amazing how big these bears are.
Polar bears kissing





No comments:
Post a Comment