Sept 4th through the 8th I went to Oakley, ID to visit my In-Laws. I hadn't seen them since we left for the summer and I always love going to Oakley to visit! It was sad to be there without John but we had a good time. My mother-in-law spoiled me. She made me french toast every morning which is my new favorite food. She makes them better than I've ever had before. She puts a little bit of oil in the bottom of the pan so they are deep fried. Oh they are good! She also gave me the game Rummikub for my birthday so Katy (John's Mom), Tiffany (John's sister), and I played that a lot. Saturday Katy took me to Independence. We stopped and got some sub sandwiches on the way so that we could have a picnic up there. We also had to drive because I am too far a long now to ride the 4 wheelers on a bumpy trail. We got up there, had our picnic, and hiked a little ways up the hill. We really had a good time. It is nice to be in the middle of no where sometimes. It is so peaceful and it was so pretty up there. Here are some pictures...
This is where we had our picnic.


John's Mom, Katy

Here we are looking down on the basin from the top. Oakley is clear in the distance.

Since the Oakley Stake was reorganizing their Stake Presidency, Elder Cook from the quorum of the 12 was there. We were able to listen to him and Elder Hammond from the 70 speak Saturday night and Sunday. That really was a great experience!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday! We love French toast and Rummikub here too. :)
Hey! I'm an old friend from Oakley. I was at the conference too - the nervous one that played the flute on Sunday. Please tell John hello. Your in-laws ARE great people. Haven't tried their french toast though. =o)
Post a Comment