So the first few minutes in New York were not the greatest. I'm pretty sure I said I hated the place before we even got out of the car. Our GPS took us through New York to get to our apartments and the traffic there is even worse than in the movies! There are packs of pedestrians that just walk out in front of you and cabs swerving into whatever lane they want. And then there is John fitting in with the rest of the New York drivers, a couple times refusing to stop for pedestrians. I seriously think I almost had a heart attack. Thank heavens I'm still alive! Once we parked our car permanently for the next few days I was able to relax. Well sort of. The subway was our source of transportation...people stare at you like they know you are not from New York.
Here we are at Times Square. This was a lot of fun! There are a lot of cool shops and lots of entertainment.
Hard Rock Cafe was a cool experience since we had never been there before but we came to realize that we aren't big fans of rock music. I probably recognized 3 or 4 songs the whole time we were there. It really is a fun environment and we enjoyed ourselves.
John and I had a blast at Toys R Us! It is 3 stories and there is a huge faris wheel in the middle for kids to ride on. It is a huge store.
Statue of Liberty made out of Legos
David Letterman...
The M&M Factory! It was 2 stories and they had every color of M&M imagineable!
John wanted me to do the disco move like the M&M but I got embarrassed with all the people around and just smiled. I know, I'm boring.
This store was just wonderful! Endless candy.
Yes this is a real candy bar and I think it costs $30.00!!
This is in the Rockefeller Center. I love The Office.
I just wanted to tell everyone that we even drove through Scranton! We even stopped there for gas and it was one of the cheapest places that we saw our whole trip.
Here are some of the pictures we took from our bus tour.
Empire State Building
This is the Brooklyn Bridge and a man made waterfall underneath it.
They call this building the iron building because of it's shape. I thought it was pretty cool.
This is Madison Square Garden and as you can see it is completely round. Go figure!
We went to the Sports Museum of America. It was pretty cool. It showed all the players over the year that had won the Heisman.
This is the bull off of the movie Hitch. John is reinacting the scene!
Ground Zero: Even though it just looked like a construction site, it was still a very humbling place. We had to go to the second floor of a building near by to even get a good picture.
This is a tribute to those people that died on 9/11.
Statue of Liberty:
Ellis Island:
Here is a computer where you can look up your ancestors and see when they arrived to Ellis Island.
This was right outside our apartments that we stayed in. We had a great view!
John and I had a blast in NYC! It was a busy life style that we would never want to live but it was so much fun to visit.





6 comments:
I am so jealous! I want to go to NYC so bad!
My goodness...are you guys on a national tour or something? Where are you headed that you get to see all of these fun cities??? I am jealous. I love sightseeing.
I'm so glad you found our blog. It looks like you guys had so much fun. That looks like it would be a blast. I am jealous.
I have always wanted to visit back east! I hit the church history stuff but didn't get to see much of the city really... I'm super jealous!!
I LOVE New York!! It's one of my favorite places to visit.. I'm glad you had such a great time! Dan served his mission there so I was very thankful he knew where he was going, because I was definitly scared when I first got there!! Glad you had such a great time..
I'm so jealous! I have always wanted to go to New York... man I better talk Trace into getting some traveling under our belt :-)
Post a Comment