The bridge was right at the bottom of the hill but there were quite a few things past it. They told us there was a lace waterfall at the end of the trail and that it was only 3 quarters of a mile away so we thought for sure we would like to see it. Here we are crossing a bridge. It was so beautiful and peaceful along the trail.
This is Saltpeter Cave. We weren't aloud to go in it, nor would I want to!
This here is called the Lost River. You could hear the water sound but you couldn't see it. Still til this day they can't find the origin or outlet to that river. They have even done experiments like dying the water a different color and they can't find them. That is why it is called the Lost River...
So finally we make it to the end of the trail and to the Lace Falls which we both agreed was well over 3 quarters of a mile. People kept turning around because they were too tired but not us, we pushed forward, pregnant and all. It ended up being a little bit of water trickling over some rocks. I guess it looked like Lace. You can barely see it in the backgroung of our picture. It was still a good walk and we really enjoyed the scenery!





4 comments:
That looks really cool! Hope little Madeline is doing well :)
How fun.. that place is so pretty!! You are looking so good to, hopefully you are feeling well!!
Looks like fun... that place is beautiful! You look so cute Kel. I can't wait to see you!
Your pictures look beautiful! I'm so jelous of your trip. I'm glad you guys came out here and we were able to spend a little time with you!
Post a Comment