Wednesday afternoon we left Charlotte and headed to Cliff and Eleanor's (John's Dad and Step Mom). I felt like they were putting us up in a hotel suite! We slept on a king size bed that was extremely comfortable and we had our own little part of the house. I had never been there so it was nice to go visit them and get to know them a little better. The night we got there they took us to Buffalo Wild Wings (one of John's favorite places to eat) and mini golfing. We really had a great time, John especially because he beat us all in mini golf. I took dead last but I blamed it on my belly being in the way so I didn't have to face the fact that I lost. Eleanor got about 4 or 5 hole in ones and of course the men had to bring their own putters so they could really compete! After mini golf we went to Krispy Kremes and apparently they don't give you a free donut anymore because I asked for one and the lady said, "We don't give them out any more." Then she looked at my belly and said,"but I'll give you one." She didn't offer one to anyone else. So there are perks for being pregnant! I was pretty happy. After that we went home and John's Aunt Sandy came over. I had heard so much about her so it was nice to finally meet her. John hadn't seen her since he got back from his mission either so we all talked for quite a while.
The next morning we went and visited John's Grandma and Grandpa Gay. We were there for about 4 hours just talking and they also fed us lunch. Just when I was giving John the signal that I was starving, Reggie offered to make us BLT's which just happened to sound very very good...and they were! The tomatoes were right out of the garden as were the green beens and cucumbers that we ate. Reggie said it makes him very happy to feed a pregnant woman which was great because I was very happy to eat his food! I felt so much better after we ate and we were able to chat with them a little longer.

We left there and went to The Conference Store. It's a sports store and it had a lot of UNC gear. John actually found a hat that fit his head and it looks really good on him. John has a really small head so when he finds a hat that he likes and that fits him this well, he gets it! But even more than the hat, John had to get this outfit for Madi (that is what we are naming our baby by the way, Madilyn). You have to understand that John is a bargain shopper and everything is a rip off to him but for Madi he splurged. This was not a cheap onesy but John was ok with it and you will see why.

I think I'm going to need to put a skirt on her or something because this is a total boy outfit but oh well. John keeps trying to tell me that Carolina blue is a neutral color. He is funny sometimes! Later that day I took a nap and hung out with Eleanor while John and his Dad went golfing. John beat his Dad which he was very happy about. That night we ate at Bill and Leah's, a little cafe. I was told I had to experience this before I left. It was very good and we got icecream afterwards which of course made it even better!

Our stay with Cliff and Eleanor was really great and I'm glad we could stay longer than we planned! Thank you!
1 comment:
I love the name Madilyn! Madi and Tori will be good friends! I love putting Tori in blue too! You can find some really cute little skirts at Walmart for like $4! North Carolina is beautiful!
Post a Comment