I have wonderful friends here in Florida! Thank you Lonna for throwing me a baby shower!!
Saturday, July 19, 2008
My Surprise Baby Shower!!
My friends here in Florida threw me a surprise baby shower. It was awesome! Here's the story...My sister Erin was in town for the week and she was in on the baby shower. I had no idea! John even knew and it is hard for him to keep a secret from me! Erin had planned that we go to the mall on Thursday. So we decided around 11:00am we would head to the mall. About three times, when we were ready to walk out the door, Erin would so "Oh I forgot this" or "I forgot that" because the other girls were telling her to stall. Earlier Lonna had asked me to stop by and grab some cash from her so I could get her a couple things from Old Navy while I was there so we did. We got there and she acted like she couldn't find her purse and went over to Cathy's across the hall to get it. So I sat there waiting, thinking nothing of it. Then Camron, Lonna's husband said "I think you should go get some money from Cathy too because she needed a few things." so Erin and I went over there and everyone yelled surprise!! They planned it out perfect, I didn't expect a thing.
I have wonderful friends here in Florida! Thank you Lonna for throwing me a baby shower!!
Here I am being surprised! Jordan Shields took pictures throughout the whole shower which was so nice of her!
Here I am with my "Mom To Be" pin that they had me wear. It flashed and everything!
The food was delicious! We had chicken salad sandwiches and tons of fruit, which has been my only craving so far during this pregnancy. I can't get enough fruit! This picture is of my absolute favorite food there, sugar cookies with fruit on top. Oh man they were good! We played a few games like the diaper game..mmmm...and some word scrambles. Afterwards the boys came over and tried to act interested in what was going on but we knew they were only interested in the food!
We got so many cute outfits for our girl and a couple of gift cards. Erin gave us some cute head bows which is good because with me being a mom, my baby doesn't have much of a chance of being a girly girl! Below is a picture of all the wonderful people I am surrounded by out here. Thank you so much everyone for coming to the shower, and especially thanks to Lonna for planning it!
Cathy, Blaire, Alyssa, Jordan, Lonna, Erin, Me, and Luhia...We also took a picture of my belly. Here I am at 21 weeks!
I have wonderful friends here in Florida! Thank you Lonna for throwing me a baby shower!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Hey Guys. It's Ammon. That's cool you guys are in Florida, how is the business this summer? Cool blog, it looks like you guys are doing well. Congratulations on the baby. That's awesome. I guess it's been that long since we last saw each other or talked. Anyway. We hope everything is well with you guys. Take care.
-Ammon and Cass.
That's not much of a belly yet! :) Haha! But don't worry, it'll grow. Looks like you had a fun shower.
Keli- you are so welcome! You have been such an awesome friend to have out here. wouldn't have survived the summer w/o you! Thank YOU for all of your help. You are a really awesome girl and I'm glad to have met you! Congrats on the baby! You will be a great mom. Have fun with your girl! ~LONNA
Post a Comment