Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Scary Story...

So the other day at our apartment complex something scary happened! There is a married couple in our office with a 2 year old and a 4 month old. They went to the pool one morning and two black guys followed them in. The dad and the two year old got in the pool and when the mom started feeding the baby his bottle they came and grabbed her purse, which was sitting right next to her on the chair. Her husband had a hurt ankle so he couldn't run after them so she called Camron and John. They jumped in the car and tried to catch them but they got away. All they had time to take was her cell phone and then they dropped the rest. So we have had a lot of police cars circling our complex because I think they have had a problem with random people coming to our apartments that don't live here. I knew we didn't live in the best neighborhood but I wouldn't expect to have anything stolen from me in day light and my husband right in the pool. That really scared me and it didn't even happen to me. My doors are always locked, I never take anything but my towel to the pool, and we are working on getting me some mace! I am always watching my back! I worry about John the most because of the neighborhoods he sells in. He has gotten a few threats. So we just pray for his safety everyday!! Heavenly Father has really blessed us!

1 comment:

Lflinders said...

Keli, What happened to the mace Kurt gave you....Remember I teased him that he wanted you safe instead of me because he gave you my mace. J/K ANyway, stay safe and we cant wait to hear what you are having. Hopefully a girl so ours can be close. We miss you guys