Thursday, November 20, 2008

Our new addition...Madilyn Burch

So it feels like our lives have been so rushed the last couple of weeks. We just barley started moving into our new town house in Logan on Thursday of last week. We still aren't fully settled and we thought we would have next week to get the babies room ready but we had a little surprise. We went to the doctor on Friday and she measured small so she wanted to see us again on Tuesday to make sure she was doing ok. So we go to the doctor on Tuesday and she hasn't gained any weight, is still measuring small, and my fluid is low. So John and I were sitting in the doctors office for about a half hour on the heart moniter until the doctor decided whether we should have this baby today or not. The whole time we were just thinking how unprepared we are and how much we had to do before she came. Sure enough the doctor sent us straight to the hospital to start the process. It wasn't urgent or anything but she just wanted Madi out as soon as possible. We got to the hospital at like 4:00 PM on Wednesday the 18th. When we got to the hospital they placed a pill by my cervix to help it soften. I received those pills every 4 hours. Well 4 pills later and a whole night of contractions waking me up every 1-3 minutes I was only dialated to a 1+. You can imagine how angry I was! I finally got my epidural at 7:15 AM and things were A LOT better after that. After the epidural I dialated pretty fast. I dialated from a 3 to an 8 in an hour and then to a 10 within another hour. Madilyn K Burch was born on November 19, 2008 at 11:45 AM. She was 6 lbs. 1 oz. 19 inches long and is so so so perfect! With the help of family and friends we were able to get the things we needed ready. We are home now, getting settled, and are adjusting to life with a baby. We will post more pictures soon. If you can't tell from the pictures below, Madi likes to stick her tongue out most of the time...so cute.

6 comments:

Krystal said...

Wow, that sounds like quite the ordeal. I'm glad everyone made it through ok. Congrats again on your little bundle of joy!

Lauren said...

Congrats again Kelli! Glad she's here and you're both doing well. :)

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Oh my gosh Keli, I am so excited for you! I didn't even realize you had a blog and I am so glad I got to see these sweet little pictures of Madilyn! She is a doll! I am so happy for you, congrats!

Marriott's said...

Wow. That is so crazy. I am so glad that everything has worked out so well for you. Congats.

Judi said...

Congrats! She looks so precious. Good luck with the first couple weeks.

Sierra said...

Keli I am so happy for you! Your baby is so beautiful... I would love to help you with anything you need. Seriously, please give me call! I'd be happy to help