Thursday, November 27, 2008

Our Beautiful Baby

Madilyn is a week old now! She seems to be growing just a little but is still a tiny little thing. I'm not going to lie, this first week has been rough. I had no idea that breast feeding would be this hard. I thought I would offer the milk and the baby would take it. Apparently there is more to it. It's a good thing I am adamant about breast feeding because it would be really easy to give up. I had plenty of help this week. John was home most of the week, my mother-in-law stayed for a couple of days, and my mom stayed for a whole week. I was so thankful for all the help and company. It has gotten better and better every day and we are finally getting into a routine. John and I are so happy that Madilyn is part of our little family! I can't even describe how much I love her. She is so worth it! Here are some pictures of our beautiful girl.



As you can tell, she loves to suck on her hands...if she can find them.




Here she is getting hungry. She tends to scream a little louder when I holding her. She knows I have the food.

She is starting to be awake more and more throughout the day but still sleeps a lot.

Our cute little family

12 comments:

Marky said...

She is so beautiful!! Stick with the breastfeeding, don't worry it gets much easier!

Eyre Family said...

Wow Kel, she IS beautiful. Hang in there, soon feeding her will be better and good for her! Sorry I didn't make it to your shower, I do have something for you so I need your address. And did you ever get the first package that I sent (a while ago)? Let me know.
Your little family is so cute. Matt has a brother that lives in Logan and we are going down there in two weeks so we would love to stop by.

Josh and Laurie said...

She is so beautiful. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

She is ADORABLE!! And so tiny...I love it! You have the cutest little family..congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Keli! I didnt know that you were even pregnant. Your baby is so cute! I have a blog too, but it is private so will you email me your email and so we can start keeping in touch again. I lost my phone and with it all the numbers that I had. well good luck with every thing.
Kimberly_casperson@hotmail.com
have fun it gets much much better, i wanted to give up so many times!
love ya
love kim

Lauren said...

She's so cute and tiny. You do have a really cute family. She looks like such a big blessing. Congrats again. :)

Sierra said...

Kel! She is so tiny! You look like such a cute mother... I can't wait to hold her!

My name is Becka said...

Wow, she is soooo beautiful! Congrats!

amy g said...

Congrats Kel!! She's so cute! Where do you guys live in Logan? It's a good thing I didn't see you when you had your baby (I work in the NICU)!! But she is perfect, good luck with breast feeding, something I know nothing about...

Monica said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. I bet Katie is really excited. A girl!

Doug and Brandy said...

Yeah! I found your blog!!! I love the pics!!! So cute!

amy g said...

Hey kel, my email is...
amybarrett@mail.weber.edu