Saturday, March 6, 2010

WELCOME BRYNLI!!!!!

Well Brynli is finally here and she is an angel! She has been such a good baby. She sleeps most of the time and is very hard to wake up for feedings. She decided she would finally wake up from midnight to 3 last night though :). I feel like this time around everything is so much easier. I have healed ten times faster and adjusted a lot sooner. Nursing is not nearly as painful and I feel like I know what I'm doing which helps a ton. Madi is adjusting slowly. She is playing well on her own and doesn't beg for me to hold her too much while I am nursing. She seems so grown up to me now that we have a newborn in the house. We did have to put her in time out today :( She scratched the top of Brynli's head so we just told her "no" and explained that she needs to be nice. I didn't think she did it on purpose but right after we were done explaining she came over looking all innocent and swung her arm around at Brynli's head and gave her another scratch. That's when she went to time out. She hasn't done it since but I hope she doesn't get too jealous in the future. She loves to give her hugs and kisses although her hugs are a little rough sometimes :) Our 2 little girls are so fun and we feel so blessed to have them in our lives! I love being a mom. Here is the story of Brynli's birthday (more for me so that I can remember it)...
I had a scheduled induction on the 3rd. I got to the hospital at 7:30 am so they could start the antibiotics. By 8:30 they started the pitocin. I was already a 3 when I went in. My nurse had to check me twice before I got my epidural and I thought she was going to kill me! She had really short fingers and she couldn't reach my cervix but she sure didn't give up! She just tortured me for 5 min until she did reach it :) Around 1:45 pm a Dr. came in to break my water (not my Dr. but another Dr. that was already at the hospital). I was at a 5 and a half. Right after that I got up to go to the bathroom and the intensity of the contractions were significantly worse. I had 4 contractions before I got back to my bed so they were pretty close together (about 1-2 min apart). We called for the epidural but it took him a little while to get there and it felt like just when one contraction ended, the next one would start. Ouch! I got my epidural around 2:30 pm and by 3:15 pm I was a 9! As soon as my water broke it all went so fast. Brynli was born at 3:52 pm. She weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz. and was 19 and a half inches long. The whole experience is so amazing and the feeling in the room is incredible. I decided I wanted to watch this time so I requested a mirror and I'm glad I did! It was incredible to be able to see the birth and it also helped me through the delivery. Brynli came out just as easy as Madi. When the Dr. got there she said "We are ready to go now. I don't know if you will even have to push. She is coming" I pushed 5 or 6 times and she was here! She is precious :)

My last picture pregnant

In labor (after the epidural of course)

The birth












Leaving the hospital

Relaxing at home

14 comments:

Camron and Lonna Connolly said...

OH SO CUTE! Congrats!!!! AND I love the name!! Miss you guys!

CK said...

Wow, wow, WOW! She is amazing!!!! So beautiful! Thank you for sharing your birth story! I love hearing birth stories :)

Morgan & Keri Woodhouse said...

Congrats you guys! She is absolutely beautiful! Glad to hear that all is well. :)

Marriott's said...

Oh Keli, she is beautiful. I love all the dark hair. And I am so glad that everything went so well for you. You guys have the cutest little girls. So fun.

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Wow congrats, you have got two beatiful daughters! i LOVE THE PICTURE OF THEM BOTH! aND YOU LOOK GREAT!

Court and Brade said...

congrats kel!!! so glad she is here healthy and safe! i love the picture of you and your two girls, TOO sweet!! i am glad you are adjusting well and feeling good. let me know if i can do anything k!!

Kendra said...

Ahh! She is a cutie! Glad all things are well! I think it is fun to have two girls! Jealousy didn't hit our house until Tori realized that Brooke is an actual human! Ha ha ha!

Noelle said...

Congrats! She is so cute! You will be a busy mom!

john + becky said...

Keli!! Congratulations! That is so exciting and she is beautiful! You are such a cute mom. I am so happy for you and John.

Krista said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for your growing family!

Lauren said...

She is adorable. What a cute little one. Congrats. Madi is so cute as well. She looks so grown up. I'm glad everything went okay and hope all is well. I think Madi will soon learn that baby Brynli is here to stay. :) What a cute little family you have and Congrats again. :)

Wray Family said...

Love your sweet little family!!

Sierra said...

She is beautiful Keli! I'm so happy for you... can I just tell you how amazing you look too. That last pregnancy picture is gorgeous :-)

Brittney Wimmer said...

She's beautiful! Congrats you guys! I still can't believe your a mommy of two! It feels like yesterday that we found out you were pregnant again! Hopefully we'll get to see her soon!