Saturday, May 23, 2009

Downtown

We finally had the chance to go to downtown Boston! Boston is one of those cities where you can just walk around, feel safe, and see lots of cool stuff. We went to the Boston Market where there is food, shops, and entertainment. When we left our apartments about 15 miles from Boston, it was really hot and sunny. I was actually sweating. When we pulled into Boston it was windy and cold. That seems to be how the weather is here. It can change in an instant. Here is Boston from a distance. It was really foggy.

Here are my friends Brandy and Marinda (Yes I do have friends Gale :)). It makes it a lot easier to move away from home every summer when I have good friends. These girls are so fun.

Here is my happy girl. She is a trooper. She had a summer outfit on since it was hot when we left the house so when we got there I dug through her diaper bag and put every piece of clothing I could find on her. She has baby legs on, a pair of size 6 months pants which were skin tight, socks, shoes, and a jacket. She had plenty of layers on so we gave her blanket to Logan so he wouldn't freeze. Marinda was pushing the stroller and a homeless guy stopped her on the street and told her she needed to get a blanket on her baby. Ha Ha...I'm so glad it wasn't me.

Some of the cool buildings...




All of the performers in the street...

I don't know if this guy jimmy rigged his instruments together but if you look close at the instrument on the ground you can see a golf ball and all other sorts of things that all help the instrument function. He was actually pretty good!


This piano played itself

And this guy would sing along


I don't know what this guy was doing...dare devil I guess.

Crowded street and some of the shops...

This is where we ate. It was a column of restaurants as far as you could see both ways, any type of food you could think of. Too many options for me. I have a hard enough time making decisions! It was jam packed! Try pushing a stroller through that crowd! The food was great.

3 comments:

Sierra said...

I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to go there... Maybe one day :-)

Doug and Brandy said...

yeah for fun times!!!!

CK said...

Wow, this all looks amazing! How fun! Hope to see you in Utah this summer!
-Carrie K