Thursday, February 5, 2009

From 6th percentile to 78th percentile!!

On Friday the 23rd we took Madi to her 2 month appointment. It was probably the saddest thing I have ever had to do. She got 3 shots. Two in one leg and one in the other. Madi hardly ever cries but when she got her shots she screamed. I felt horrible. It was a rough night. She was in a lot of pain and screamed for an hour straight. We tried everything to comfort her but nothing worked. Finally she wore herself out and fell asleep.


Poor thing :(
The good news is that she grew like a weed! Here are the stats...
At Birth 6.02 lbs. (9%) 18.9 in. (30%)
2 weeks 6.37 lbs. (6%) 19.0 in. (9%) Head Circumference: 13.2 in. (5%)
2 months 12.06 lbs. (78%) 23.0 in. (70%) Head Circumference: 15.0 in. (28%)

I had to take Madi back to the doctor friday because she had pink eye. Don't ask me how she got it. She was fussy for three days straight and I didn't know why and then her eye turned red and I was relieved. Ever since we've been giving her the drops she has been a happy girl! She weighed 13.4 lbs. so she gained a pound in a week. She is growing so fast!

3 comments:

Sierra said...

How much fun! She is so fetching cute... I still need to see her! I am excited for you to come tomorrow :-)

Marriott Family said...

Keli she is so so cute! I hate taking McCoy to the DR. It is so hard to watch them give the shots and they don't know what is coming and then all of a sudden they are screaming. :( Sounds like she is growing so big! It's crazy how fast they grow.

Anonymous said...

Keli, Your little girl is so cute! I hate shots, it is so sad they give like the worst cry. Your looking so good, I love the picture of you and your hubby at the top