NEW HAVEN BEACH, NJ
A couple Sundays ago we went to the beach and had an office BBQ. It was about 2 hours away but it was worth the drive. We had a lot of fun and Madi enjoyed her first time at the beach.
She would not take her eyes off the water.
Here's John and Madi waiting for the wave to come. Madi would get so excited and kick her legs like crazy. It was so funny.
Madi had a little accident so she got to sit on the beach naked. She loved it!
4TH OF JULY
I love the 4th of July! This is the only day John takes off the whole summer so it is my day. He's still never taken the whole day off. He usually works in the morning. When I found out that the 4th was on a Saturday this year I thought for sure John would insist on working since Saturday is his biggest day. But I was wrong :) We decided to spend the 4th of July in New York City and it was such a fun get away. Madi and I left Friday afternoon so that I could get checked-in to our hotel and put Madi to bed. John stayed in Philly and got a full day of selling in. He rode to New York with his friend and co-worker Tyler Lynch. He actually lives in Queens and was selling in Philly for the week so it worked out perfect. Our hotel was on 54th and Broadway!! We were just a minutes walk from tons of stuff. I really enjoyed myself a lot more this trip then the last time we went to New York. Last time we were crammed for time because we wanted to see everything. I'm so glad we saw all the stuff we did but this trip we just relaxed and walked around. We mostly stayed in Times Square. Our 4th of July started out with John waking up at 5 am to make his tee time. This is after a long, noise night. We heard horns honking and sirens all night but it was still worth it. John rode the subway to Queens to meet up with Tyler and head to the golf course because it was cheaper to permanently park the car for 2 days. It worked out perfect because by the time John got back, Madi had a really good nap and we were waiting for him at The ESPN Zone. We love this place. Not because the food is that great but because we get to relax in recliners in front of a big screen while we eat. Madi sat next to us in her stroller and was pretty darn good. Anyway here all all the pictures from our trip...
TOP OF THE ROCK
We decided to go to the top of the Rockefeller Center instead of the Empire State building because we heard it was a better view. It was, in fact, an incredible view!
Central Park
The Ball
Statue of Liberty
I love this pic because it's an awesome view of the Empire State Building but also the Statue of Liberty is in the background over the water.
THE FIREWORK SHOW!!
Macy's put on a firework show. They launched the fireworks from 3 different barges over the Hudson. We are about 3 blocks back because the roads were packed and we didn't want to deal with the crowds.
The nice man that took our pic cut John off :(
THE STREETS AND SHOPS IN NYC...
Macy's!! I'm not really a big shopper but I had to see it for myself. It is ten stories and almost a whole New York block. There was one level for just shoes. It was huge! And hectic...
John's favorite part of the NBA store. Cool pictures and all but $1500.00 just because MJ signed it? Really??
Madi begging us to get the Jazz ball.
This was the coolest advertisement I've ever seen. Tons of jets flew over and spelled things with there exhaust. They were typing out a website. You can see the .com part.
Central Park...
PHILLY
On Sunday we went to Downtown Philly to walk around. It was a lot of fun and Madi was a trooper!
John and Madi in China Town...
MADILYN
Bath time!
Madi has a shiner on her eye :( John set her down right after she had woken up and she was a little tipsy. She face planted it into a metal bar on her jumper. It's more of a bruise now.
Madi chillin' at the pool.
This is our balcony. It overlooks the entrance to our building so Madi sits and watches people come and go.
This is Madi's new face she makes. She scrunches her nose and breaths in and out of her nose really fast and then laughs. She's getting pretty silly.
Madi helping me unpack from our trip to NYC. I only left for a couple of minutes to go to the bathroom and she had climbed in the suitcase, thrown John's shoe out, and pulled out most the tissues...little stinker :)
Here is Madi and all the toys I got her on craigslist. I was only looking for a highchair but this lady was selling everything for dirt cheap. A lot of it was brand new and most stuff was hardley used. She had multiples of everything. Don't ask me where she gets it...The lady had an accent and kept saying, "She just brings me this stuff" and "cash only." I don't ask questions, I just appreciate a good deal :)





3 comments:
Keli, You look like you are having such a fun time. Madi is getting so big and so adorable. I think she is twice the size of halle. he he. We sure miss you guys
What a blast. I am glad you guys are having fun. Can't wait to see you!
Wow... lots of great pictures! My favorite by far though is the one of her naked on the blanket. Naked babies are so freaking cute... I don't know why :-)
Post a Comment