Monday, July 6, 2009

Catching Up...

Ok there is just one minor detail...we no longer live in Boston. We moved to Philly a month or so ago. The Boston office combined with the Philly office because of licensing issues for the techs in the State of Massachusetts. John and I are pros at moving by now! Each move we become more and more efficient. I pack and organize and John carries all the heavy stuff out, entertains Madi, and helps with anything I ask him to. It's really no big deal anymore.
I do miss Boston but it is great here in Philly too. The selling is better for John. He sells in what he likes to call "Good Hood." Translation: ghetto! John fits in well there for some reason. He likes selling in the ghetto. Don't worry, I pray for his safety everyday. John doesn't think it is necessary but I have dropped him off in one of his areas that he described as "nice" and I didn't even want to crack my window. Nobody has been jumped yet this year though. John has never been jumped and has been selling for 4 summers. I think it is because of his size. Nobody wants to mess with him :)
Although he may sell more in Philly than in Boston, it is more likely that accounts will go bad here. This means people don't pay there bills and John doesn't get paid on his back end. There are pros and cons everywhere you go but we are just happy that John has work. He's good at what he does. He works so hard and yet finds time to be with his family. We will follow him anywhere! Besides, he needs us :)
We stopped to use the restrooms on the way to Philly and I came out of the convenience store to this pretty face driving my car...



Well I am sad that we didn't get to do more in Boston before we left because it was such a cool city but we did get to see a heck of a game!! We went to the Red Sox vs. Yankees game the day before we moved. It was, hands down, the FUNNEST game I have ever been to. The energy in that stadium is incredible! When A Rod was up to bat the whole crowd was chanting "YOU DO STEROIDS!" I was laughing so hard and we actually got it on camera but as you can see from the peaches post below, I do not know how to post videos from my camera :(. I do have some good pictures though...

Yes there was a pole in our way but it really didn't make a difference. It even rained a little bit so it was a benefit to be under the roof.

That is the Green Monster behind us. We could've sat there haha...if we wanted to pay up to $1,000 for just one seat!!



John, Malko, Carson, and Homey

All the boys

THE CONTEST:
Malko got some hair implants to make his hair thicker and to cover some bald spots. It's the real deal. Surgery, scar on the back of his head, 2 black eyes, and roots growing in. Madi balded in the same areas so we thought it seemed like a good opportunity for some competition. Here are the competitors...


If you ask me, Madi's got the advantage but we will see :)

An update on the Madster:

She is now on the move. A day or two after she turned 7 months she was scooting across the room. She can get wherever she wants to go now. She loves to be outside! We live right next to a grocery store so we walk over and use the stroller as the grocery cart. She loves to be out of the house. Madi takes 2 long naps during the day and sleeps 12-13 hours at night. I consider myself a very lucky mom but John just thinks it's because she got the Flinders gene:) That very well could be. She is such a good baby and her personality gets funner and funner everyday. I only have a couple of pictures of her sleeping but there are more to come from the
4th of July weekend!!

4 comments:

Sierra said...

She is so cute! I can't believe how big she is... Have fun in Philly! Take lots of pictures so I can pretend like I've been there too :-)

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys are doing great. She is getting so cute, it is fun to look at your pictures and to see the similarities between her and Scout. Baby girls are the best.
Hopefully we can meet up with you guys sometime, and get our babies together. Good luck this summer. Keep in touch.

Court and Brade said...

kel i love the pic of her with the book!!! what a little babe. she has a great smile! hope you guys are enjoying philly

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you went to Boston and didn't get a picture of Charm City Cakes... and Duff. You know the Ace of Cakes! Oh well, the stadium is nice too... love you ... Maddy is a cutie patootie